Well, another Friday rolls around, and my food waste is somewhat of a disgrace. It’s actually not nearly as bad as last week, although the picture looks as bad. It’s just that last week there were some items I listed but did not picture.
In my defense, some of this stuff (noted below) has been in the fridge for a long time. From left to right:
- Half of a half loaf of purchased pound cake. See, I tried to buy the smaller portion! Now it’s a brick.
- Just a little bit of homemade mayo. I only made a little bit, and it was good, but this stuff just does not last.
- Mint. It’s a lovely shade of blackish-green. (long time)
- Strawberries (again). I vow next time to make freezer jam out of half the pack as soon as I get it home.
- A single bell pepper. I bought a 2-pack, but only used one in a recipe.
- A few grapes. We got through most of them.
- Baby carrots. These are actually growing roots in the bag. (long time)
So that’s it for this week. On my radar for next week I have a little bit of blackberry jam, and some greek yogurt that I was suprised still looked good. My goal is to keep those from showing up next week!