First, let’s account for the things the hubs tossed during the week:
- 1 1/2 hamburger buns that grew some mold.
- 1/2 loaf of moldy wheat bread (he’s been the only one making sandwiches, and he did not like this bread)
Now, for the picture:
- 4 oz homemade mayonnaise (this just goes bad too fast, I’m going to have to abandon making it)
- half bottle of half & half (I really wish we could get this in a smaller container, maybe I’ll try mixing it up myself)
- less than 1/3 bottle of clam juice (made a shrimp recipe twice in the hopes of using this up)
- one bad apple (har har)
- one small tomato (my grandfather gave us too many tomatoes from his garden, should have made pasta sauce)
- dandelion greens (this purchase was a huge mistake – they are ridiculously bitter)
The apple, tomato, and dandelion greens are headed to the compost pile, at least. I do feel somewhat of a disappointment over this week, especially about the breads.
In general, we have found it difficult to buy grocery store portions for the two of us and actually make it through them. I’m sure that once our new addition arrives, I’ll be running out of stuff all the time, but for now, I’m going to have to think about every item I purchase as soon as I get home to see if I need to store some of it for the long term. I feel like I’m fighting an uphill battle.