Hi everyone! It’s been a little while, I know, but I’m back and ready to get my blog started back up. I’ve been busy over the past few weeks – trip to Ireland, matron of honor for my friend’s wedding, and I’ve been posting over at Wardrobe Refashion. If you’re not sure what that is, click over to my initial post about the site.
Anyway, this post is about food waste, so here goes!
From left to right:
- 1/2 lime – geez that is gnarly
- a few ounces of cheese that we did not wrap up properly, so it dried out
- some potatoes I cut up, then we didn’t cook
- 3 moldy strawberries
- a container of really old macerated strawberries (maybe 3 or 4 strawberries?)
- a cucumber from the garden
So, it’s a lot this time, but in fairness, I’ve missed a few weeks of food waste, so some of this is pretty old. The cucumbers I’ve had a hard time keeping up with – my plants are prolific! I’ve already used about 10 of them along with some onions to make a marinated salad that I put into the freezer in containers. I’ve really got to get back into this, or the picture may look just as bad next week!
I’ve got a few posts cooking, so I hope to get my blog started back up in earnest. Stay tuned!