I think I’m going to start keeping a running list of frugal or green-type things I’m trying to accomplish in my life. Maybe a once a month update? That way I can post my new list, and comment on my success with the previous list. Right now, the items on my list are as follows:
- ALWAYS have reusable containers in my car for restaurant leftovers, so this doesn’t happen again.
- Bring reusable containers to Whole Foods for meat purchases. I checked with the butcher and he said this was no problem!
- Forage for acorns to feed the chickens over the winter. Most of the acorns around here are of the low tannin variety, so they’re safe to feed chickens raw. I’m hoping that this will seriously reduce my feed costs in the coming months, especially since I have fenced in my chickens.
- Shoot for more no food waste weeks.
- Start making bread again. The last few weeks have gotten kind of hectic out here, so the extra cooking has gone by the wayside.
I’d say that #4 is by far the hardest, but it’s a noble cause!