Happy Saturday folks! Off this morning to the farmer’s market and then on to some family get-togethers. This morning’s picture – my first kohlrabi, ever! Even if I get a poor crop this year, I think it’s the most fantastic looking thing I’ve ever grown, so it’s worth it. Right out of a science fiction novel:
Anyhoo, here’s a sampling of what I’ve found interesting this week. For my full brain pickings, follow me on Twitter.
- Not sure what I think of the ban on big-gulp sodas in NYC. I think the better solution would be to regulate what gets called what. If I can’t fit my cup in a cupholder, it’s not a “medium”.
- Color me shocked: corporations are hypocrites.
- The green community is going ga-ga over Tyrion.
- Thinking of planting softneck AND hardneck garlic this fall so I can have scapes.
- Here’s an in-depth review of a reel mower. Maybe it’s right for you?
Hope you have a great weekend!